Brzegi, Poland is a village off the beaten path. Translated the name means "river banks". It is located along a very steep winding road between the top of Bukowina Tatrzanska and Jurgow. The village itself straddles a stream course above the Bialka river and has a population today of about 660. The ridges above the town offer some striking views of the nearby Tatras.
The little Roman Catholic wooden church of Saint Anton & Padua was built in 1951. Before that the village was part of the Bialka Tatranska parish. Parish records for the village of Brzegi are still found in the Bialka Tatr. rectory.